Saturday, November 7, 2009

BABIES

I am in a baby mood... obviously. ;) Baby Eli is starting to move down (I can breathe now!) and I am starting to get some pre-birthing waves (light contractions). It all shows me that my body is preparing for the big day!
This is a bitter sweet time for me. This experience has been indescribable, amazing, a true miracle. I feel SO blessed to have experienced carrying a child. I am proud of myself for focusing on all of the positive in this and embracing how my body has changed. I have SO ENJOYED IT!! Isn't it amazing that your body just knows exactly what to do to care for this little life inside? I have been also blessed to have a pretty pleasant pregnancy, I know not all women do. I am SO excited for my birthing day, but at the same time I get emotional to know I soon will no longer be pregnant. I have so enjoyed having this little life grow inside of me.
We are pretty sure this will be our only experience being pregnant (it was a miracle after all). We feel complete as a family and I still am shocked by what life has thrown at me! Pregnant at 30 was never in my life plan ;) I always wanted to be a young mother, but Heavenly Father had a different plan for us! What a journey it has been creating our family. I look back and can now see how it was all worth it, that God had a plan for us that was better than I could have come up with... even with the ups and downs.

I also cannot describe how blessed I feel to have two Heaven sent, beautiful inside and out, adopted children. They ARE my children... forever. They are no different than this baby that I have carried. I LOVE that I have been able to experience bringing 2 children into our home also in such a unique and miraculous way. There is NO doubt in my mind that the Lord's hand guided all of us involved in having Malia and Gabe join our family. And... that he had one more special little guy waiting for us in Heaven... to be presented to us after our trials and blessings of adoption.
That said, I am SO excited for my birthing day! A day when it can be just me and Mike, that we can finally experience the birth of one of our children, that we get to be selfish this time ;) and have it be all about us! ;) I can't wait to meet Elijah, and to have all of our friends and family smother him with love and kisses as well. To be so secure that he is ours and there is no waiting period or worrying that someone could take him from us. Basically... I just wanted to share that I KNOW we are SO lucky, blessed and most of all how grateful I am for all of my babies.


5 comments:

This Heavenly Life said...

This is the sweetest post! You're making ME excited all the way out here in Missouri :) I can't wait to hear how your birthing day goes down -- it will be amazing! Enjoy your last days of pregnancy, mama. Soak it all in :)

lauriea said...

You are blessed my daughter! I am also blessed to be your mother and to to have carried you inside of me as you grew and we waited to finally meet you. What a meeting and how you have turned out to be such a beautiful woman who gets to experience the miracle of birth as well. I love you and can not wait to meet my new grandson, Elijah.

K+C=M+K said...

Crossing my fingers for you! Any day now! Can't wait to meet the lil guy and see some pictures of the cutest baby ever! :)

Betsy said...

You'd never know that cute baby girl would turn into the PINK TORNADO!! heehe... And thanks for writing on my blog. I was thinking this morning that I wondered if I was being left out of some news because I hadn't heard from you for a while :) Keep me posted! and good luck!

Harmony said...

Awesomely sweet post! Your great at putting your feelings down. I'm so excited for you, like you said to have a "selfish" birth experience! When is your due date??

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com - Background Image by TotallySevere.com