Wednesday, June 17, 2009

We have a baby!

... no longer a sea monkey!! Mommy went to the doctor yesterday, and after a little coaxing (and unfortunately not ultra sound photo to share), got to see our little baby and hear the heart beat! I could not believe how much you could see. It actually looked just like a little baby, and boy was it moving around! Kicking like crazy and moving it's arms. Still could not see any "family jewels (or the lack there of)" but that should happen at my next ultra sound in two weeks.
Being able to see a real life little baby on the monitor really made this whole thing even more real to me. It was the most amazing thing to see the baby and think, "Wow, that is MINE, and it is inside of ME!" What a miracle. I am SO grateful and blessed to be able to go through a pregnancy at least once in my life. I have also been feeling the baby kicking a lot this week. That is such a comfort and really helps me to begin to feel really bonded to this little person. Looking for to updating you all in a few weeks with the sex! Can't wait!

4 comments:

Gretchen J said...

YEA!! I love it! I can't wait to hear about the "jewels" or "no jewels" - this one is your Swing Vote just like ours - girls won out at the Johnson's!!

Lori said...

Congratulations Becky! This is such great news and it is amazing/blessing to carry your child and give birth, I am so happy for you!

I feel blessed to know my birth parents and to see who I look like and my fam history. So happy for you and yours.
Lori

Lu said...

I loved reading this, I can feel your joy through the screen. Hooray! Sounds like everything is going well, hope you are feelin better these days :) I am so happy for you to be experiencing all of this!!

Benjamin said...

we are so glad that everything continues to be going well. are you moving? just when we are coming back to the ward?

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com - Background Image by TotallySevere.com