Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A tweety treat

For those of you who have been around since my family website days, you will remember that we have a mother dove that nests in our hanging orchid plant in the backyard, every spring. She showed up a few weeks ago and it seemed both Mrs. Jones and Mrs. Dove we happy to see each other again! She is always so tame with me and lets me stand on the bench and peek in on her to check the progress.
A few mornings ago we were awoken by little chirping outside of our bedroom window. I was so excited to see the new arrivals! They have been safely tucked under their Mama until today.
I took the kids outside to hold them up and to see if would could glimpse at the babies yet and they were both poking out from under their Mommy! So cute!! We will keep you updated as they grow and "fly the nest" in the next couple of weeks.


0 comments:

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com - Background Image by TotallySevere.com