Monday, February 23, 2009

A window into our day

Nearly everyday, you can find Mrs. Jones, the skater dude, and the pink monster (another of our many names for the hip-hop princess) playing in the front yard for hours on end. Malia has become very comfortable there and is now our neighborhood greeter for all the passers by on our street.
Lately she has become quite the little flirty flirt. I wanted to get a visual for you all so I had my camera charged and ready, waiting for a little foot traffic.
Malia's normal roosting spot- our front porch.
Here she is:


Off the bottle and on to the sippi cup.... and none of those baby sippi cups for this girl, she needs the big cups just like her big bro.
Anyway, here she is eying her target. A nice lady walking her dog...


















She threw down the sippi cup right before I got this shot. She usually does this and stands. Everyone knows you must be standing up to flirt properly, or maybe she just wants to show off her skills... either way, she knows she looks cuter standing up.



















This move needs to go, and soon. She has starting lifting up her shirt, a little too immodest if you ask me. I flash forward sometimes, thinking of the possible arguments regarding belly shirts and booty shorts... then I think, no way, my little angel is going to be perfect and do and wear exactly what I tell her to!

















Then the wave, you can't get the full picture without seeing it in person, but it is VERY girly. She has the wrist snap down. Very girly finger movment, really, we could take lessons. I call it the flirty wave.


Her saving grace.... she flirts with all (not just the boys). She just LOVES people and LOVES making them smile, which I take as a positive.... so I say, keep on flirting Malia... keep on flirting.

3 comments:

This Heavenly Life said...

That was adorable! I think it's funny that you can predict exactly what move she'll do next in order to greet her neighbors. Lose the cup? Check. Lift the shirt? Check. Girly wave? Check. What a little sweety.

Benjamin said...

I can just imagine her saying "heeeey" to her "targets". Always love to see new pix! Adela is planning a beach bonfire on Saturday evening if the weather permits - let us know if your in.

lauriea said...

That is my grandaughter!

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com - Background Image by TotallySevere.com