Monday, February 23, 2009

A winters day at the beach








A few weeks ago I got a nice little phone call on an early Saturday morning from my "BFF/sis-n-law" Whitney, questioning if I might be interested in a little beach cruiser ride down on the beach path by our house. DUH! Of COURSE I said yes! Gabe HAD to go too, so Whit rode her townie over with a friend and we cruised down to the beach (my breaks squeeking all the way!).
The photos do no justice to what a BEAUTIFUL winters day it was down there. I really LOVE the beach in the winter time. You get that reflective "glassy" look on the water from the low lying clouds and it is so quiet and peaceful... We had such a great time just taking it slow and enjoying the beautiful day.
We also stopped at a little coffee shop for some fresh fruit and a smoothie. It was one of those days that was just SO fun and even more fun because it was not planned and was so unexpected. I LOVE randomness, it makes life so much better in my book. Thanks for the "randomness" Whit. That is something I can always count on you for!

2 comments:

lauriea said...

Too, fun. It seems you live so far away. I haven't seen anyone lately. I know I have been busy crazy.....

Unknown said...

I agree. . .randomness with happiness is bliss. Yeah! Love you too BFF /sis in law.

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com - Background Image by TotallySevere.com