Monday, August 31, 2009

CANADA- Take FIVE- A Celebration

50 years, can you imagine? Grandma Willi's sister Cathy and her sweet husband Tony celebrated their 5oth wedding anniversary while we were all in Canada. The way they reacted to their surprise cake that their granddaughter made for them, was so priceless. It made me reflect on how grateful I am for my eternal sweetheart and how much I look forward to the next 45 years with him... and beyond.
Watching these two get all choked up as they stare at the old wedding photo of them on the cake really shows you how fast time flies. How much a couple can go through in 50 years and how much your love for each other can grow. I guess it is this excitement of the unknown, the awe of being companions with someone for 50 years of your life, that makes me all gitty inside for what my future holds with my sweet Mr. Jones.








1 comments:

Harmony said...

Wow, how cool. I teared up looking at these. I share your sentiments. What a beautiful thing, that sadly is becoming more and more rare. Many people no longer see the point, but there really is something special and different about a marriage covenant, rather than just an agreement between two people to be together. These two are so adorable.

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com - Background Image by TotallySevere.com