Monday, September 28, 2009

Eli's Room!!

Hi all! After months of preparation (moving Malia out, painting walls, collecting decor on a budget, and "planning") the baby's room is pretty much ready to go! 
Mike sat on the rocking chair today and said, "I am ready to rock a little baby in here now!" We are so excited to welcome this
little bundle into our hearts and family in a couple of months. And I am so excited to have this cute little room all ready for him!




We decided to do a kind of mod looking transportation/vintage toy room theme. All of the old toys are from my Grandma Ruth's house, most were my Dad's.


I could not figure out how to incorporate his name into the room/theme, and then came up with the idea of making letters out of my old tinker toys. It was easy since all the letters involved straight lines! 
And this bedding was such a great deal! I found it for a steal online and then saw it in a magazine for like 3 times the price. I felt so thrifty... which if you know me, is not always the case ;)


I was lucky enough to sell Malia's old pottery barn rug for quite a bit of money (I guess it was in high demand because they stopped making it) and used the money to buy this cute rug to match the new room. The rug is from a company called flor. You get to pick out your colors and design your rug and then they send you squares that you just paste together... wa la!


I also was having a hard time finding wall art that I liked, and matched the theme/color scheme. I decided to design the art work myself in photoshop and had my photo lab print my work on canvas stretcher frame. I must say I was quite proud of my design skills ;)
And speaking of skills... Mr. Jones painted these walls for an entire week and I must say he did an awesome job! 

Here is our little rocker that we have had since Gabe was a babe, renovated back to its origional boyish condition (ie- pink fabric removed). My friend Wendy S. gave me that cute sling to cart the new little guy around and I just love it! Can't wait to use it.

This was quite the find if I do say so myself. A little car mobile that looks so cool spinning around when the fan is on. Mike and I were mesmerized. It is so euro and I love it!



This is about the only part of the room that I still need to complete. We plan on putting up a little wall shelf here and displaying some retro die cast cars on it. 
And that is that! Hope you enjoyed the tour of our nursery and hope you can stop by and see it in person soon ;)

9 comments:

lauriea said...

WOW WOW WOW WOW, That is all I can say! I am so amazed. It really turned out great. Good job Jones!
I found a wood shelf that we can paint to match the walls and display the car on, by the way. Very cheap too!

debimtb@mac.com said...

amazing ! the race track will only produce a little speedster U know ! :)

ashley said...

i am kind of speechless, that room is amazing, you guys did an awesome job!
and your designs are swell, love em!

Sarah said...

I love everything about it! My favorite was the wall art that you designed. Amazing! This made me really excited to meet baby Eli.

Marti Roberts said...

Great job, you two. I love the colors and what a great paint job, Mike. You should go into business in this field of decorating homes.

Betsy said...

Great job- amazing, and serioulsy, I expected nothign less! And, your prints that you told me about a while ago do look great! Have a great day!!

Busy B Preschool said...

Wow! You are such an amazing designer. You should do that for a living. That is the coolest nursery I've ever seen. It looks like a magazine ad!

Elise said...

So cute! And what a fun project to keep you busy while you're patiently waiting.

Susie said...

I can't wait to see the little guy in person when I come back in Dec. His room is magazine perfect, wow. I recognize the toys, so good the way you're using them and nostalgic for me :)

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com - Background Image by TotallySevere.com