Friday, July 10, 2009

My Job

How can you not fall in love with these faces!! I swear every time I see them I fall in love with them all over again. Isn't it just the best to be a Mother/Father? I have had, literally, like 20 jobs in my life time... everything from soap maker to lifeguard. Nothing compares to the job of being a parent. And let me tell you it is for sure a job! BUT, the most rewarding job you could ever have.
Being a parent has shown me that like any job, you can take it seriously, or just pass the time without much effort. And the rewards you reap depend on how dedicated and hard working you are. Not only that, but your efforts decide much of the success your children will have in life. My efforts will also determine the amount of joy and happiness being a parent gives me.
I used to watch these shows about Mothers who had wished they knew how hard it would be to be a parent. That if they had to do it over again they might not have gone down that road. I give them props for being honest, but honestly, I see now that they just have not learned the most important life lesson that you learn from being a parent.... selflessness. And the rewards of that lesson.
I used to worry that I might have those feelings (before I had kids) after starting a family. And although I think sometimes we all get a little self centered and remember the ease of life before kids, if I really think abo
ut it, I will remember that my heart has grown 3 times larger since bringing these little lovers into my home. The idea of Heavenly Father wanting us to "become like a child" truly makes sense, and I have never smiled or laughed so much in my entire life. I have never felt such a sense of importance and I have never been more grateful for a gift ever before than the gift of raising children, of being able to parent and pour all of myself into one thing knowing that the reward is beyond just me feeling good about it. It is all for someone else and that is the most rewarding feeling you could ever get... learning how to become Christlike. Which is pure love, Charity, selflessness. I am no longer numero uno, I can now understand how Heavenly Father can know each and every one of us, by name, and love each of us individually. How bringing more children into your life can only make your ability to love greater than it was before. Yes, being a parent is the best job ever. I can't wait for the next job to arive in November ;)



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait until you become a grandparent......way cool!

Dan & Stacy said...

Hey Becky, of course I remember you! So good to catch up. It seems like your a wonderful mother & living the dream in Cali! Your kids are adorable! I'm happy for you that you can experience being pregnant after giving up hope! How awesome! Take care & good luck with the baby!
-Stacy (Leeds) Perham

Mrs. Jones says said...

Oh yeah, being a grandparent is like getting all of the perks without having to actually do the job anymore! Can't wait ;)

Lu said...

Love your blog, LOVE this picture of Gabe and Malia. Her face. . . what a poser!! Sooooooooooooooooo excited for you guys! It was so fun to see you I will get back to you on a time we could come visit. :)

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com - Background Image by TotallySevere.com