Sunday, December 7, 2008

Here Comes Grandpa Claus..


Yippee! Malia's 1st Christmas! This is a VERY special moment for the Jones household. Malia officially has met Santa Claus (or one of his helpers!). Mr. Jones SENIOR (AKA Grandpa Mike) does it right when he decides to dress up. Therefor, he is the most amazing Santa Claus this side of San Clemente. He was nice enough to make an appearance at our ward Christmas party on Friday night. This makes meeting Santa even more special since it is also Grandpa, and I was so excited to snap some shots of the kids on his lap. BUT... I forgot my camera! Friends, Cara and Ben Boyer, came to the rescue and not only let me borrow their camera, but also emailed the photos to me that night! Now that is service ;)
SO, here is the run down on Gabe and this Santa guy- First year meeting- Hated it, Second year meeting- LOVED it, even kissed him on his big white beard, and third year- Once more... Hated it. Covered his eyes the whole time and then had a major cry fest for 10 minutes after it was over. Malia, was pretty much indifferent. She seemed to care less, I think it all hit her before she even knew what was going on. Bottom line is I got my photos and here they are, ready for the family album.
Final thought : As we were walking out to the car to leave, Gabe suddenly had a change of heart about Santa and said to me, " I WANT GRANDPA SANTA!" ( yeah, he even recognized him last Christmas, can't get anything by this kid!)

2 comments:

Benjamin said...

Becky, I love your new blog. Thank you for sharing your stories and your thoughts, they inspire me, make me laugh and make me cry. I pary that someday soon our blog will be able to contain more "heart treats". I'm so glad we had the chance to meet you guys in the spanish branch or we might never have even known you in our family ward =)

Betsy said...

That's funny! And, got a cute card in the mail - LOVED IT!! Thanks

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com - Background Image by TotallySevere.com