Friday, December 19, 2008

Malia's baby blessing




CLICK HERE TO SEE MORE PHOTOS




This may come as a surprise to some of you as we had planned on doing Malia's baby blessing at church on a Sunday, but we had her blessing this past Tuesday. We were having a hard time coordinating with family to have a church blessing, so we decided to make it an intimate affair and do it at home. Luckily Grandma Melinda graciously let us use her home for the event. Mr. and Mrs. Jones (aka Mommy and Daddy) supplied a yummy dinner from Guicho's and it was just such a wonderful evening. Mike did a great job with the blessing (as he always does), and it was so nice to have so much family celebrate this event in our lives.
Surprisingly, most of the family that attended were from the Roberts crew (Mrs. Jones side of the family). The majority of them are not Mormon, in fact, only one of them is (Becky's Mom).

When I (Mrs. Jones) arrived home that evening, I realized how blessed I am to have such a wonderful family. I think it is rare to have family members that are so supportive. And to have as many as I have (all of them!) is truly amazing to me and such a huge cause of joy in my life. To think that most of the people that attended Malia's blessing did not share in our same faith, yet they attended and made the time to be there solely because they knew how important it was to us. How did I get so lucky to have a family like this? To have parents that have ALWAYS supported me in my decisions. I have come to realize as I have grown older, that most people are not so accepting when their children choose to follow a path in life that might be very different than what their parents envisioned for them. My parents are able to look beyond what THEY might choose, and accept my choices, whatever they may be, as long as they see they have brought me joy and happiness. And if that is not enough, they then continue to support me through their actions, ALL of my family does, in all that I hold dear. They are there by my side to share in my joy and new traditions, no matter if they believe the same as me or not. I really believe that it is so important that I show my family that I love them and support them by being there for them. My family makes the time to show that, if something is important to me, then it is important to them, and I hope they feel the same about how I treat them and the the things they hold dear. I appreciate that my family is so close and accepting of everyone, I feel so lucky to have been raised by and with such loving people. I love that I have so many of them still in my everyday life. Thanks to all of you that attended! I love you...

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com - Background Image by TotallySevere.com