Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Trim the tree



CLICK HERE TO SEE TREE DECORATING PHOTOS



We had a special family home evening this past Monday night. Grandma Melinda and Grandpa Mike came over and had Chinese food with us. Then Mrs. Jones gave a short but sweet spiritual message about the spiritual meanings behind the colors Red and Green, and the Christmas tree. Only about 5 minutes in length, maybe, but still proved to be a little long for Gabe who was anxious to get to the tree decorating.
We sang "oh Christmas tree', and then got to work. If you know me, you KNOW I ADORE this time of year. Most importantly, present opening and tree decorating. I guess both have the same effect on me. Opening the ornament box every year and being reminded of each special ornament and which came from where and which are my favorite, it is just like getting a gift with each tissue paper ball that I open up to unveil the hidden treasure inside hanging from a tiny tree hook. My FAVORITE item- our tree topper that was my Grandma Ruth's from a long long time ago. I cherish it, it is priceless to me. I think since I have gotten hers and my Grandma Helen's old ornaments, I love looking at my tree even more. It was so nice to have Grandma Melinda and Grandpa Mike over to participate in this symbol of Christmas with us. I just really can't explain enough how much I cherish all of my family. It really is great to have all of these people that love you so close by. Really the best gift of all that you get at Christmas are the memories you make through spending time with loved ones.

2 comments:

Lu said...

love the christmas blog, love the christmas music, love everything!!

Betsy said...

I noticed "both" makeovers and I love it! I am glad you post so much... It was fun reading about Malia's adoption- especially since we got to be so involved. And I loved reading about Gabe's prayer. He's such a cutie! Have a great day!

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com - Background Image by TotallySevere.com